23 august 2021
It's time to talk about features that are on IOctopus but that few people know about.
How to add a link to a mind map?
1. Copy branch URL
- Select a branch
- Copy by a shortcode
2. Paste the copied URL to another branch
- Select another branch
- Paste by a shortcode
To remove links just repeat the paste again.
You also can send someone a link to the branch.
How to format a text?
1. Select a text.
2. Use a shortcode to format the text:
How to copy between IOctopus and text files?
Paste as text:
- Double click on a branch.
Paste as branches:
- Click once on a branch so that a cursor does not appear inside.
- Open and paste into a text file.
- All branches and sub branches will be inserted in a list with a structure.
- You can select more branches by holding down
Cmdwhile selecting. The selected branches and all subbranches will then be copied.
- It also works vice versa. When copying from notepad to mind map.
How to add a script to a mind map?
Scripts can be used to create unique functionality in your mind maps. For example inserting current date, synonyms or anything else you need.
- Download a script to your computer
- Open a mind map and press
- Select the downloaded script by the button
How to embed a map into your website as a widget?
To embed your maps on your website, such as on this page https://ioctopus.online/how-to-make-a-mind-map
The code builder is currently under development. However, you can make the code manually.
To do this:
1. Create a link to the map
(to view or edit)
2. Copy the link into notepad and add the required parameters to it
- A link is followed by ? then the parameters
- Parameters are separated by a sign &
menubar=0- remove menubar
panelMain=0- remove main bar
panelThemes=0- remove theme bar
panelIcons=open=0- remove icon bar
panelIcons=open- force the icon bar to open (for shared as editable)
panelColors=0- remove color bar
panelColors=open- force the color bar to open (for shared as editable)
freezePanels=1- prohibit opening/closing bars
roundedPanels=1- rounded corners on bars
scrollable=0- turn off map scrolling
isolate=1- users will each edit a different version of your file, otherwise users will edit the same file
platformMask=IMAGE_URL- a mask that can be used to trim the map. Example of a picture mask, Example of a cropped mind map.
3. Insert the link in a <iframe> tag and place it on your website
<iframe width="100%" height="500" border="0" scrolling="no" style="border: none;" src="THE_LINK" ></iframe>
THE_LINK - is a link you made in notepad.
<iframe width="100%" height="500" border="0" scrolling="no" style="border: none;" src="https://ioctopus.online/____What_Are_Mind_Maps__editable____aaa64074d598497ccf61bbf20f00e43b?menubar=0&panelMain=0&panelThemes=0&panelIcons=0&panelColors=open&freezePanels=1&isolate=1&scrollable=0&roundedPanels=1&platformMask=https://ioctopus.online/wp-content/themes/app/blog/how-to-make-a-mind-map/mask4.svg" ></iframe>
After this, an interactive map will appear on your website. Like this: