22 august 2021
It's time to talk about features that are on IOctopus but that few people know about.
How to add a link to a mind map?
1. Copy branch URL
- Select a branch
- Copy by a shortcode
2. Paste the copied URL to another branch
- Select another branch
- Paste by a shortcode
To remove links just repeat the paste again.
You also can send someone a link to the branch.
How to format a text?
1. Select a text.
2. Use a shortcode to format the text:
How to copy between IOctopus and text files?
Paste as text:
- Double click on a branch.
Paste as branches:
- Click once on a branch so that a cursor does not appear inside.
- All branches and sub branches will be inserted in a list with a structure.
- You can select more branches by holding down
Cmdwhile selecting. The selected branches and all subbranches will then be copied.
- It also works vice versa. When copying from notepad to mind map.
How to export a mind map to text?
Just select the centre and press
Cmd+C. The content will be copied. Then paste
Cmd+V into any text document.
How to add a plugin to a mind map?
Plugins can be used to create unique functionality in your mind maps. For example inserting current date, synonyms or anything else you need.
- Download a plugin to your computer
- Open a mind map and press
- Select the downloaded file by the button
How to embed a map into your website as a widget?
When it makes sense, we break the design rule: "everything should be obvious in the interface". But what would be the point of that?